Fort Worth Housing Solutions encourages property owners to “TAKE ONE”
FWHS is appealing to landlords who may have vacant units and who have not considered working with the agency in the past to test the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program or Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (VASH) program by leasing to just one family or veteran in need of stable housing. The agency has begun this campaign because of the difficulties our families and veterans are having with locating available units to lease in Tarrant County because of the tight rental market.
Benefits of FWHS tenants:
- All residents must complete a Good Tenant/Good Neighbor workshop
- Simplified process to receive rent increases
- Assistance with tenants who have committed lease violations
Advantages to leasing to voucher holders:
- FWHS pays its portion of the rent on time each month.
- Guaranteed rental home. Even if the tenant has a job loss or some other event that causes a reduction in income, FWHS’s portion of rent increases to offset the loss from the tenant.
- The FWHS Inspections Department provides a landlord or an owner with a trained inspector who can identify problems or concerns with a rental unit.
- FWHS holds special orientations for prospective new landlords on the second Tuesday of each month at 9 a.m. at 1201 E. 13th. St., Fort Worth, Texas 76102. Detailed information about property requirements, rents, and program rules are discussed. For more information, contact RaVonda Thompson at 817-333-3667; email@example.com.
Download the brochure to share and discover the benefits of working with the FWHS
For more information, call 817-333-3616 or email landlord services.