Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS)
The goal of the Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) program is to assist participants in improving their education and job skills for the purpose of becoming gainfully employed. This is accomplished by encouraging additional education, job training, and more.
To be eligible for the FSS program, the head-of-household must have an active voucher on the Housing Choice Voucher Program. The FWHS FSS program is strictly voluntary; therefore, only those who are truly motivated to work towards self-sufficiency should apply.
Requirements of the FSS Program:
- Must have an active voucher under the HCV Program
- Must be willing to sign a 5-year Contract of Participation
- Must be willing to establish goals and actively pursue them
- Must be willing to attend mandatory classes as directed
- Must be willing to seek and maintain full-time employment
Services and Referrals Offered Include:
- Job Readiness Classes
- Continuing Education
- Budgeting Classes
- Credit Classes
- Job Interviewing & Resume
- And more
Escrow Account Contribution
Participants who have an increase in earned income while on the FSS program could be eligible to establish an escrow account. This is an interest-bearing savings account that receives monthly contributions based on the tenant’s rent increase. This account is established as an incentive for those who complete their goals and graduate the FSS program. Upon successful completion of the FSS program, this money could be yours!
For more information contact: