How to Apply
Welcome to the How to Apply page for Fort Worth Housing Solutions. FWHS offers a multitude of options for housing and self-improvement. Whether you’re a current client who is interested in more information about family self-sufficiency as well as homeownership, or an individual/family looking for a place to reside, we want to help. Feel free to explore our opportunities and learn how to apply for any of our offerings. If you do not find what you need here, visit our Contact page to email, call a department or submit a question to us directly. Thank you.
How to Apply – Family Self Sufficiency (FSS)
The FSS program is currently accepting applications. If you are a Housing Choice Voucher participant, call 817-333-3653/3607/3671/3664 for more information.
If you are a participant in the Public Housing program, please contact our Resident Services office at 817-333-3524.
You may also download the Family Self-Sufficiency Program Pre-Application form and mail it to:
Fort Worth Housing Authority
1201 E. 13th Street
Fort Worth, TX 76102
How to Apply – Homeownership
Send a short letter expressing your interest in participating in the homeownership program to:
FWHS Homeownership Program, P.O. Box 430, Fort Worth, TX 76101. Or come to the FWHS administrative office and complete an interest form or complete the form online.
You will be scheduled to attend an orientation meeting where you will receive more details about the threshold requirements of the program that will determine if you are eligible to participate. If you do not meet the minimum threshold requirements, you will receive a denial letter from FWHS explaining why you are not eligible to participate.
How to Apply – Housing Choice Voucher
We cannot estimate when we will get to the next numbers on the waiting list. To check the status of the numbers we have processed or to update your personal information visit the Applicant Portal. Please do not call the office for this information.
The Housing Choice Voucher Program Wait List is CLOSED.
To update your personal information visit the Applicant Portal. Please do not call the office for this information.
Please watch the FWHS website for future wait list openings.
Fort Worth Housing Solutions has open waitlists for the following eligibility criteria:
- Homeless college students referred by Tarrant County College Visions Program – limited to 10 vouchers. Contact 817-515-4333.
- Nursing facility residents referred by the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services – limited to 10 vouchers and 10 public housing units. Contact 682-221-4662.
- Homeless persons receiving services from and referred by MHMR of Tarrant County Homeless Services – limited to 40 vouchers. Contact 682-301-2013.
- Homeless families with children enrolled in the Fort Worth Independent School District referred by FWISD Special Programs – limited to 10 vouchers and 10 public housing units. Contact 817-814-2875.
- Current FWHS Continuum of Care Permanent Supportive Housing participants who need limited supportive services as determined by their sponsoring agency case manager. Contact your case manager.
Interested applicants must meet eligibility to receive services from the agencies listed above.
- Project-Based Vouchers – Waitlists for Project-Based Vouchers are open at the following properties:
Harmon Senior Villas
12801 Harmon Blvd
Fort Worth, TX 76177
3600 Tanacross Dr
Fort Worth, TX 76137
The Reserve at Quebec
6655 Calgary Lane
Fort Worth, TX 76135
Sedona Village – 55 and over
2800 Sedona Ranch Road
Fort Worth, TX 76131
Pavilion at Samuels Avenue
1120 Samuels Avenue
Fort Worth, TX 76106
Villas on the Hill
5713 Lincoln Terrace Dr.
Fort Worth, TX 76107
605 W 1st St
Fort Worth TX 76102
Palm Tree Apartments
2625 Race St
Fort Worth TX 76111
13101 Avondale Farms Rd
Fort Worth TX 76052
How to Apply – Public Housing Programs
The waiting list for public housing is generally shorter than the Section 8 waiting list. Applicant families who qualify for a local preference shall have preference for admission in accordance with the Admissions and Continued Occupancy Policy (ACOP). Applications for Traditional Public and Affordable Housing are available at the following locations:
Traditional Public Housing
Butler Place Apartments
1201 Luella Street, 76102
J.A. Cavile Apartments
1401 Etta Street, 76105
Villas of Oak Hill
(formerly Stonegate Villas)
2501 Oak Hill Circle, 76109
Sycamore Center Villas
7901 Chandra Lane, 76134
Overton Park Townhomes
5501 Overton Ridge Blvd., 76132
Cambridge Court Apartments
8135 Calmont Ave., 76116
7425 S Hulen, 76133