Dress for Success
Did you know it takes just seconds to create a first impression in a job interview? No matter what type of job you’re seeking, it is important to show your professionalism.
Here are some tips on looking good for a job interview:
1. Visit the company to see how people in jobs like the one you want are dressed. That way you can show up for the interview and look as if you already belong there.
2. Make sure your clothes are clean, pressed and not too tight
3. Leave the flashy jewelry at home. Instead of big hoops or long earrings go with classic studs.
4. Wear dark shoes that are clean and polished
5. Cover visible tattoos
6. Make sure your nails trimmed and neat
7. For women, keep makeup and fragrance to a minimum
8. For a corporate, professional-level job, a gray, black or navy suit is always appropriate. Pair it with a white, long-sleeved, collared shirt.
Resources for Clothes and Shoes
Berry Good Buys. 1701 W. Berry St. (usually a great selection of business attire)
Family Thrift Center. 5203 McCart Ave. and 1950 Ephriham Ave. Shipments arrive every Thursday, and items cost no more than $2!
Goodwill. Six locations in Fort Worth.
Union Gospel Mission. 1321 East Lancaster Ave.