FWHS takes measures to protect health and safety due to COVID-19
At Fort Worth Housing Solutions, your health and safety are our top priorities. As the outbreak of COVID-19 continues to impact our area, we are taking precautions to limit in-person interactions as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
There will be no evictions for non-payment of rent for Housing Choice Voucher holders, public housing residents and tenants who live in Low-Income Housing Tax Credit properties through July 25, 2020. This temporary moratorium on evictions is part of the relief bill that Congress passed and the president signed into law. No late fees or penalties will be charged during this time period.
The moratorium only applies to evictions for non-payment of rent. It does not prevent any other type of eviction, such as if the tenant poses an imminent threat of physical harm to the landlord, their employees or other tenants, or if a tenant is engaged in criminal activity.
Frequently Asked Questions for all residents/participants.
FOR HOUSING CHOICE VOUCHER (SECTION 8) PARTICIPANTS
FWHS’s Executive Leadership team have implemented the following precautions until further notice:
- Recertification process will be modified. All recertifications will be done by U.S. Mail or electronically
- Our building is closed effective Tuesday, March 17; clients may call or email their Housing Counselors
- All in-office appointments, hearings and meetings are suspended
- Inspections will be limited to emergency and required inspections
- Suspensions of terminations
- Suspension of voucher issuance for current and new clients
- Suspension of moves and ports
- Landlord payments will continue to be processed but delays may occur
Clients may mail documents to the FWHS office or drop them off in the Drop Box located outside the Administrative Building. Clients may report any reduction in income by using this simple form.
Please call the FWHS Resident Hotline at 817.333.3452 for the latest information.
FOR PUBLIC HOUSING RESIDENTS
Until further notice, we have implemented the following precautions:
- Suspension of Notices to Vacate and lease violations
- Suspension of transfers, move-ins, move-outs
- Suspension of routine work orders
- Work orders will be completed on an emergency basis only
- Suspension of house-keeping inspections
- Suspension of food distributions
- Suspension of late fees
- Suspension of all resident activities
- Closure of all property management offices and community rooms
- Existing repayment agreements will be extended
- Recertifications and interim recertifications will be completed at a later time
- Rent payments for Butler residents should be either mailed or dropped off at the main office drop box, (1201 E. 13th St.).
- Rent payments for Cavile residents should be either mailed or dropped off in the office drop box at Cavile.
- For rent payments, you must include your account number on money orders and keep the money order receipts.
- Pest control services will be conducted on the exterior of buildings and common areas and will be temporarily suspended inside resident units
Residents should email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Butler residents may call 817-335-4091. Cavile residents may call 817-534-6641.
Residents can call the Resident Hotline at 817.333.3452 for the latest information.
FOR RESIDENTS AT ALL FWHS-AFFILIATED PROPERTIES (NOT PUBLIC HOUSING)
Please visit your community’s management office for information about the measures your property is taking to protect the health and safety of tenants.
Coronavirus Information Hotline: 817-248-6299 (business hours only)
If you need assistance related to COVID-19, dial 211 or go to www.211texas.org and enter COVID-19 as the search term.